When it comes to suppressing big bore calibers, such as .458 SOCOM, your initial instinct might be to choose a one-suppressor-does-all solution. Unfortunately, the all-in-one options start having problems as the bore size increases. For some guidance, we offer the following words of advice:
- In order to effectively suppress a big bore caliber (e.g., .458 SOCOM or .45-70), a suppressor needs quite a bit of volume. Do-it-all models run small because nobody wants to run a can that is big enough for a .458 on their AR-15. (Wink, wink.)
- At Silencer Shop, we spend a great amount of time discussing versatility vs. efficiency, but these big bore suppressors are an extreme case. In essence, when the bore size diverges too far from the caliber being suppressed, it becomes less and less effective.
As a result, a do-it-all solution ends up being too small for a large bore caliber, while the bore is too small for the smaller calibers.
Founded by Tom Bowers in the late 1990s, Bowers Group designs and manufactures subgun/carbine suppressors in 9mm and .45, three .22 offerings, big bore options, and even a .45 pistol unit. Situated in awesome Oregon, their Vers 458 silencer is the definition of both durable and reliable.
If you want to effectively suppress your .458 SOCOM or other big bore calibers (e.g., the .45-70 or .450 Bushmaster), then the Bowers Vers 458 should be at the top of your wish list! This can is a full-auto rated, high-efficiency suppressor designed specifically for the .458 SOCOM round in all loadings, and it supports up to 2,650 fps velocity. It is also suitable for slower rounds that will fit through the bore.
The Vers 458 is suitable for use with and accepts any of the 24 Versadapt™ thread adapting inserts. The most common for actual .458 SOCOM use are Vers 5/8×24 and Vers 5/8×32. Moreover, this silencer is still perfectly useful on a .45 submachine gun, and is also rated to pass .460 diameter bullets. Talk about an impressive addition to your suppressor arsenal.
- Full-auto rated!
- Length: 11.25”
- Weight: 23.2 ounces (plus thread mount insert)
- Build materials: stainless steel; aluminum
- Finish: matte black anodized
- Watch the informative videos for more details (Videos tab)
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
- Bowers Vers 458